The Church of God By Faith, Inc. was founded in 1914 in Jacksonville, Florida when Hubert Steadman, John Bright, Aaron Matthews, Sr., and Nathaniel Scippio came together. The expressed purpose of this bond was glorifying God in the beauty of “Holiness.” The founding fathers had a desire for others to seek the quality of life and character which is set before Christians as an ideal guide and moral obligation. The formation of the “Church of God By Faith, Inc.” was to serve as a basis whereby “believers” could be encouraged, educated in the word of God, strengthen, sustained, spiritually grow, and be unified in an environment where the Spirit of Christ is truly active.
The first Assembly Meeting of the church was held in 1917 in White Springs, Florida and many missions were set up in various places. The second one was held in Santos, Florida and the headquarters were established in Palatka, Florida. In 1922, the Charter was established at the National Assembly Meeting Headquarters in Alachua, FL and the National Church was structured and incorporated. In 1941, the National Assemblies were moved to Ocala, Florida before moving to Atlanta, Georgia in 1987. The National Headquarters is currently in Jacksonville, Florida. One hundred years later the church stands proudly with over 170 churches across the country. Because of the vision, prayers, and dedication of these four men Church of God By Faith, Inc. has “A Great Heritage and A Great Future”.
The Church of God by Faith family is proudly observing its centennial anniversary. Please join us as we Celebrate the Past and Embrace the Future. We will mark this occasion December 18-21, 2014!
For more detailed information about the week of celebration, please click on the ‘Schedule’ link. To learn more about Church of God by Faith, Inc. please visit www.cogbf.org.